WIN!: Two Dalmore Harris Tweed jackets up for grabs
HARRIS Tweed jackets are stylish, rich in colour and have a unique history – and you could win one in our competition.
The iconic Harris Tweed fabric is still woven by hand on the Western Isles of Scotland and is the only brand in the world protected by an Act of Parliament.
Each and every jacket is woven from 100 per cent pure new wool and can contain up to 20 different colours of dyed wool to give the unique Harris Tweed appearance.
The colours of the jackets reflect the way of life on the remote islands from the vibrant blue seas and skies to the rocks and rugged landscapes.
Many celebrities over the years have worn the Harris Tweed fabric, including the Royal Family and well-known actors such as Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry. The 11th Dr Who, Matt Smith, was also seen passing through time in a Harris Tweed jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Harris Tweed Scotland is offering two lucky readers a Dalmore Harris Tweed jacket, which is blue barley corn tweed.
• To be in with a chance of winning, make sure you grab the October 1 edition of the Cambs Times or Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s