WIN!: Two Dalmore Harris Tweed jackets up for grabs
HARRIS Tweed jackets are stylish, rich in colour and have a unique history – and you could win one in our competition.
The iconic Harris Tweed fabric is still woven by hand on the Western Isles of Scotland and is the only brand in the world protected by an Act of Parliament.
Each and every jacket is woven from 100 per cent pure new wool and can contain up to 20 different colours of dyed wool to give the unique Harris Tweed appearance.
The colours of the jackets reflect the way of life on the remote islands from the vibrant blue seas and skies to the rocks and rugged landscapes.
Many celebrities over the years have worn the Harris Tweed fabric, including the Royal Family and well-known actors such as Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry. The 11th Dr Who, Matt Smith, was also seen passing through time in a Harris Tweed jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Harris Tweed Scotland is offering two lucky readers a Dalmore Harris Tweed jacket, which is blue barley corn tweed.
• To be in with a chance of winning, make sure you grab the October 1 edition of the Cambs Times or Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden