Wind turbine fable really winds me up
YOUR edition of May 18 reported convoys of lorries delivering wind turbines to Stags Holt. A spokesman for this sudden surge of increased carbon emission said he looks forward to generating 18mw of energy, enough to power 11,000 homes. If only this were t
YOUR edition of May 18 reported convoys of lorries delivering wind turbines to Stags Holt.
A spokesman for this sudden surge of increased carbon emission said he looks forward to generating 18mw of energy, enough to power 11,000 homes. If only this were true.
Sorry to dampen the green apple wood fire, but this industry has again been economical with the truth.
The installed capacity is 18mw. However, the reality is because of intermittent and unpredictable wind source, true energy yield will be as low as 6mw. So if we are to believe the developers claim that 18mw will power 11,000 homes, the true yield of 6mw will power only 3,600 homes. Naughty, naughty, naughty.
You may also want to watch:
Because the taxpayer supports these "saviours of the planet" to the tune of up to 70 per cent, I feel there should be no objection to me gaining access to the turbines on a monthly bases to establish and monitor energy production. This would of course be conducted by a renowned energy production expert, and his findings would be published locally.
Sources tell me the developer wants to round up the amount of turbines from nine to 10 on this site. The extra turbine will return an extra £240,000 a year profit.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
Oh well; in for a penny in for a pound. Our local countryside environment is pretty well degraded, industrialised, and turbinised anyway.
Cambridgeshire Environmental and Wildlife Protection