Winners of March Garden Competition announced at presentation evening ...
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this year’s re-launched March Gardens Competition have hailed it a blooming success and are hoping it will now flourish in years to come.
The competition was organised by keen gardeners Maria and Poul Nielsen-Bom who were regular entrants in previous years. They also open the lush garden at their home in Henson Road, March, for charity.
They were supported in re-launching the competition, which has not been run for the past few years, with the help of former March mayor Councillor Robert Skoulding.
The competition consisted of four categories plus an overall winner attracted green-fingered residents across the town.
The judging panel spent the weekend of July 9 and 10 judging the entrants before agreeing on the winners.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday night the entrants were all invited to a presentation evening where the winners were announced and the certificates were awarded to all those who took part.
The celebration was held at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel and Poul and Maria together with representatives of sponsors in each category:
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
Winners of the large garden - Sponsored by Amical Veterinary Centre were: 1st Mr and Mrs Chris Holt; 2nd Mr and Mrs Neville Patrick.
Winners of the Medium garden - Sponsored by Ridgeons were: 1st Mrs Ann Cross; 2nd Mrs Suzanne Hodder.
Winners of the Business Class - Sponsored by Beaver Homes were: 1st Clovelly House; 2nd Annie’s Thai Kitchen.
The overall winners sponsored by Johnsons who received an engraved trophy were Mr and Mrs Chris Holt.