Winners of Mick George’s £10,000 garden makeover competition are ‘over the moon’
- Credit: Archant
The winners of Mick George’s £10,000 garden makeover competition have been announced.
The Millard family, from Warboys, banked the prize and will begin liaising alongside a specialist landscaper to design the garden of their dreams.
Competition winner Mark Millard said: “My wife and I are over the moon. We had our little girl only two weeks ago so this was a lovely surprise and treat for us both.”
The garden is set to undergo major renovation to transform what is currently an unattractive, impractical space into an area that the family can enjoy.
After stripping out the existing groundwork, installation of fencing, paving, decking and many other decorative features will make this garden a much more pleasant environment.
You may also want to watch:
The competition, which ran for the past two months, was held to mark the launch of the company’s new home and garden product range.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle