Winners of our Co-operative Travel Disneyland Paris competition enjoy meeting Mickey Mouse during trip of a lifetime
OUR lucky winner of the Co-operative Travel Disneyland Paris competition enjoyed meeting Disney’s most famous characters with her two children and mum during their trip of a lifetime.
Young mum, Tina Varney, had hoped to save enough money to take her two children to Disneyland Paris next year.
But the 22-year-old scooped the first prize, worth more than �1,200, in our holiday photograph competition and spent part of the October half-term staying at the four-star Magic Circus Hotel Paris.
Tina, of Harvester Close, March, her two children Leah and Ollie Connolly, and her mum, Susan Varney, loved every minute of their three-day, four-night trip.
She said: “We had a fabulous holiday at Disneyland Paris and it was the best couple of days.
“We met lots of characters and went on lots of rides and we cannot thank you enough for sending us on the trip.”
The photograph of Tina’s two children on the beach at Mablethorpe was chosen as holiday snap of the year by our readers.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard postbag was literally swamped by hundreds of entries as families submitted photos in the hope of winning the dream trip.
Tina said: “I went when I was younger and had always wanted to take my own children while they are at the right kind of age.
“After they told me I had won I just telephoned my mum and started screaming down the phone.”
The prize was offered by Co-operative Travel based in the Westgate Department store in Station Road, March, in association with Leger Holidays and Disneyland Paris.