Winning the fitness battle at Ely, Chatteris and Soham
- Credit: Archant
Three of our Spring into Summer fitness winners have been in action at Tim Megginson’s Body Shape Fitness Camps.
Our campaign ran over six weeks when we delivered a series of articles on how to get fitter either by attending the camps or stepping up your fitness drive in the comfort of your own home.
Winners Julie Cave and Juliet Findlay attended the Chatteris version of the fitness guru’s multi sited empire and both were unsure at first if the gaol of losing a dress size in a week was achievable.
Under the guidance of fitness instructor David Bansfair they found that the road to fitness began with improving their core strength with the likes of burpees, push ups and squat holds.
Mrs Cave said: “I’ve always been sceptical about claims of fitness instructors, but decided after a major operation in November 2013 that I would give this competition a go.
You may also want to watch:
“The results are amazing, not only have I lost a dress size and many inches from all over my body, I have gained a confidence from this that I would recommend to any other 40 something men and ladies.”
Mrs Findlay said she lost about 10lbs doing boot camp, she changed her diet to eat more protein and less carbohydrate and lost a dress size in just two weeks.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March
“It may be intensive but it does what it says on the tin. If you want to get fit quick then boot camp is the way to do it,” she said.
Ely winner was Councillor Anna Bailey who started her month prize a month ago.
Tim Megginson owner of body shape fitness camp said: “To run a promotion across this newspaper group and online has been fantastic. To increase awareness of simple basic steps to leading a healthier life has to be good for the area as a whole.”
Tim has regular camps in Ely, Chatteris and Soham and has recently added a new evening camp in Ely at 7.45pm to cater for those at work. For a free week at any of these camps please visit his website www.bodyshapefitnesscamp.co.uk.