Winston the gorilla revs up for charity at Guyhirn Coffee Tree
- Credit: Archant
A local cafe is raising funds for the area’s air ambulance and is using theme nights to help encourage customers to pop along.
Wednesday night is biker night with local motorcyclists popping along for coffee and chat and a chance to enjoy a special ‘bikers’ menu at the Coffee Tree on the A47 at Guyhirn
The cafe also has a mascot in shape of giant toy gorilla called Winston and this week he got a chance to enjoy the revs while promoting the charity.
Jill Goude, who helps run the cafe with daughter Jo Goude, explained they are on their second collecting tin for the air ambulance and are looking to present the money shortly when they will switch their fundraising efforts to helping the earthquake victims in Nepal.
Other theme nights include Monday’s classic car and Thursday’s spiritualist evenings. An average of around 20 to 30 bikers go-along to the Wednesday night motorcycle evenings.
You may also want to watch:
The events are open to anyone interested.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'