Wisbech administrator who gets fantastic feedback from patients wins prestigious NHS Shine a Light Award
- Credit: Archant
An administrator who has made a real difference to her patients and fellow members of staff has received a prestigious award.
Heather Curtis, who is based at the New Horsefair Clinic, Wisbech, was awarded the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust’s Shine a Light award after being nominated by one of her colleagues.
Every month a member of staff or a team are selected from a list of nominations as the Shine a Light award winner.
Mrs Curtis said: “Winning this award was totally unexpected but a lovely surprise.
“I work with a fantastic team and the support they have given me to take on the training to become a foot care assistant has been excellent. I am very lucky.
You may also want to watch:
“I still have a lot of studying to do over the coming months before I take my exam and I am looking forward to passing the exam and being able to put into practice the skills and knowledge that I have gained.”
Angela Hayes, podiatry admin team leader, said: “Heather has had fantastic feedback from patients, particularly when she was called upon to support a Feet Focus clinic.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
If you would like to nominate a member of staff or a team who has gone the extra mile for you, you can nominate on line at www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk.