Wisbech after school club art teacher is on CBBC for the Art Ninja show
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech art teacher is on a CBBC programme that gives top tips to children on how to get creative.
Art Ninja, a programme billed as a mission to teach art secrets with ideas, makes and Ninja madness, is on Saturday mornings at 9am for the next eight weeks.
Terry Martin, artist in residence at Orchards Primary School in Wisbech, can be seen in the show as the dad of Art Ninja - his real life son Ricky Martin.
He said: “Ricky works for the Wallace and Grommit team as creative director and a couple of years ago wrote a show for the BBC called Ricky’s Radical Reinventions.
“They trialled it and it went well so they then wrote the programme Art Ninja . One series has been screened and the second series is now showing on television.
You may also want to watch:
“They needed a dad character for the show so Ricky asked me to do it and I agreed. It is a bit nerve wracking as I’m not very good at remembering the lines but it’s a lot of fun and fascinating to see the workings of how a TV show is made.
“Some of the children have seen the show and asked for my autograph, that’s funny,” he said.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Mr Martin used to run a publishing company but now works as artist in residence at Orchards for one day a week and also runs an after school art club there.