Wisbech Air Cadets celebrate successful 2012 at annual Dining-in night
CADETS and staff from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron Air Cadets celebrated a successful year at their Dining-in Night.
The formal evening was held at Virginia Lakes at Marshland Saint James and consisted of a meal and speeches.
Following on from the meal Cadet Flight Sergeant Oli Grocott provided a toast to the Queen, a tradition that is also used in the RAF.
The guest of honour this year was Clare Claxton, Thomas Clarkson Academy’s Principal.
A presentation was made to the outgoing Chairman of the Civilian Committee, Dick Stek, to thank him for his dedication to the Squadron over the previous years.
You may also want to watch:
The squadron, which is currently recruiting young people aged 13-17, has many upcoming events including the Duke of Edinburgh award training and sporting activities.
You can get involved in one of their Monday or Thursday parade nights at their Sandyland headquarters by e-mailing 272Sqn@BedsCambsWgATC.org or ringing 01945 587251 on parade evenings.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody