Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club revving up for 19th annual road run
HUNDREDS of classic vehicle enthusiasts will descend on Wisbech for the annual historic vehicle road run on Sunday August 14.
The 19th annual run is organised by Wisbech & District Historic Vehicle Club and will feature classic cars, motorcycles and commercials.
The run - to Perkins Engines in Peterborough and back - starts at Somers Road car park at about 9.30pm. The outgoing journey will take vehicles via Tydd St Mary, Holbeach, Whaplode, Spalding and Market Deeping, arriving at Perkins at about 11.15am.
A static car display will take place at Perkins for about an hour before the procession heads back to Somers Road car park via Whittlesey, Chainbridge, March and Wisbech St Mary.
Once back in Wisbech, there will be a static display from 2-4pm. Cups and rosettes will be presented at 3.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Programmes and draw tickets will be on sale at the displays in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance and numerous other good causes.
The event, sponsored by Elgood’s Brewery, usually attracts about 200 entries of commercial vehicles, cars, motorcycles and cars of all ages - including some dating back to the 1930s.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages