Wisbech and King’s Lynn photographers create memories for care home residents
- Credit: Archant
Camera club members went out and about in the Fens to capture beautiful images to line the walls of a care home.
Wisbech and District Camera Club and Kings Lynn Photographic Group were in collaboration to provide photographs of the local area to Downham Grange care home in Downham Market.
The photographs will be on display in the corridors of the home to stimulate memories for the residents, many of whom suffer from dementia.
At an official opening by the Mayor of Downham Market and members of both clubs. Roger Newark, chairman of the Wisbech club, was awarded second prize for his photo of Snow on the Sixteen Foot.
Anyone is now welcome to visit the Wisbech club which meets at the Elgood’s football stadium, Lynn Road, Wisbech Monday evenings at 7.30pm starting on September 12.
You may also want to watch:
For further details contact the secretary 01945 465126 or find them on Facebook.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens