WISBECH: Angela reveals she just kept saying ‘Oh my God, oh my God’ on their way to scooping �101 million EuroMillions jackpot
WISBECH couple Dave and Angela Dawes have been revealed to the world’s media as the winners of the �101million EuroMillions jackpot.
The pair scooped the third biggest prize ever won in the UK after matching all seven numbers on a ticket they had bought from WH Smith, in Wisbech Market Place.
Dave, 47, a shift supervisor at Premier Foods, and Angela, 43, a volunteer for the British Heart Foundation, are to marry next year.
They had bought their first EuroMillions ticket just two weeks before they became richer than pop star David Bowie, with the multi-million pound haul.
It was only the third time they had played EuroMillions drawing a blank on their first two attempts. The pair both chose a line each.
You may also want to watch:
Dave said: “I picked number 18 but the rest of the numbers were random.
“We just watched in shock as the numbers that I’d chosen came up.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“It was too late to ring Camelot so I kept the ticket on me all night, we didn’t sleep a wink we were so excited.
“We couldn’t believe we had won it. We watched it live as we had been flicking through the channels and just sat and watched it live.
Angela, who held the winning ticket as the numbers were being drawn, said: “I just kept saying ‘oh my God we’ve got another one, oh my God’ - I had to be calmed down because I just kept shaking. We checked the ticket over and over again. I still can’t believe it.”