Wisbech apple maker invites public to witness production process at open weekend
A PRESTIGIOUS Wisbech apple juice maker is opening its doors to the public next weekend.
Watergull Orchards is putting on guided tours of its state of the art facilities on November 17-18.
Visitors will see every stage of the production process and there will be free samples to taste.
David Fisher, of Watergull Orchards, said: “We held our first open weekend last year and the response was so good we have decided to give it another go.
“It would be great for people who are not involved in the apple making industry to come and see how it’s done.”
You may also want to watch:
Watergull Orchands produce 20 varieties of pure apple juice and David explained Cambridgeshire used to have the reputation as one of the most prolific apple growing areas in the country.
He said: “The Wisbech to March railway line was nicknamed the Bramley Line because so many apples were transferred along it.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless