Wisbech apple maker invites public to witness production process at open weekend
A PRESTIGIOUS Wisbech apple juice maker is opening its doors to the public next weekend.
Watergull Orchards is putting on guided tours of its state of the art facilities on November 17-18.
Visitors will see every stage of the production process and there will be free samples to taste.
David Fisher, of Watergull Orchards, said: “We held our first open weekend last year and the response was so good we have decided to give it another go.
“It would be great for people who are not involved in the apple making industry to come and see how it’s done.”
You may also want to watch:
Watergull Orchands produce 20 varieties of pure apple juice and David explained Cambridgeshire used to have the reputation as one of the most prolific apple growing areas in the country.
He said: “The Wisbech to March railway line was nicknamed the Bramley Line because so many apples were transferred along it.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack