Wisbech apple maker invites public to witness production process at open weekend
A PRESTIGIOUS Wisbech apple juice maker is opening its doors to the public next weekend.
Watergull Orchards is putting on guided tours of its state of the art facilities on November 17-18.
Visitors will see every stage of the production process and there will be free samples to taste.
David Fisher, of Watergull Orchards, said: “We held our first open weekend last year and the response was so good we have decided to give it another go.
“It would be great for people who are not involved in the apple making industry to come and see how it’s done.”
You may also want to watch:
Watergull Orchands produce 20 varieties of pure apple juice and David explained Cambridgeshire used to have the reputation as one of the most prolific apple growing areas in the country.
He said: “The Wisbech to March railway line was nicknamed the Bramley Line because so many apples were transferred along it.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal