Wisbech army, sea and air cadets enjoy action packed three day tri-service camp
- Credit: Archant
CADETS from the three uniformed youth organisations took part in Wisbech’s first tri-service camp.
Cadets and staff from 373 Sea Cadet Corps, Wisbech Detachment Army cadets and 272 (Wisbech) Squadron Air Cadets participated in an inspection and drill competition, ranks and badges competition, aircraft recognition challenge and other exercises during the three-day camp.
The drill competition was a tight affair with 272 (Wisbech) Squadron coming out on top.
The cadets then set up camp in Tilney St Lawrence where they took part in a confidence course, teamwork exercises, leadership challenges and camouflage and concealment.
They tucked into a barbecue on the final night, with food provided by Produce World, of Sutton Bridge, and Worzals Farm Shop.
You may also want to watch:
Cadet Corporal Garner said: “It was an excellent camp. It has really improved teamwork through the three cadet services.”
It is hoped the tri-service camp, which was organised by staff from the three services lead by Adult Sergeant Andy Huggins from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, will become an annual event.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire