Wisbech Art Club staging summer exhibition at the Pump Room
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists will showcase their work then an art club’s week-long summer exhibition opens next Saturday.
Wisbech Art Club’s exhibition, at the Pump Room, The Crescent, Wisbech, runs from June 28 until July 5.
There will be more than 80 paintings on display, with many of them for sale.
The paintings embrace all forms of media, including watercolour, acrylic and pastel.
At the exhibition, two trophies will be up for grabs - the Graham Gardiner/Hunter Bow trophy for the best painting and a rose bowl for the best flower painting.
There will also be the chance for visitors to select their favourite paintings.
The club, which was formed in 1933 and has about 50 members, meets on Friday evenings at Elm Centre to paint and have demonstrations by professional artists.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
They hold two exhibitions each year - one in the summer and a winter showcase at St Peter’s Church.
To find out more about the club contact chairman Carol Nicholls on 01945 584294