Wisbech artist launches his first solo exhibition at the Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A RETIRED Royal Navy officer is staging his first solo art exhibition at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech throughout this month.
Lino Micallef, 69, has 25 pieces of work on show, including watercolours of local scenes and scenes of Venice, along with a variety of humorous cartoons drawn in ink.
Lino, a member of Wisbech Art Club, said: “It has been both interesting and exciting to put together my first solo exhibition, and I hope visitors enjoy looking at my work.”
After leaving the Royal Navy, Lino worked in London in the administration sector, before moving to the Fens six years ago.
Lino was born in Malta and attended the Malta Government School of Art. After a long gap, he resumed tutorial painting in Portsmouth and later in Bracknell, but it was after retirement that he found more time to paint.
You may also want to watch:
His art work, all for sale, can be viewed on weekdays between 2pm and 6pm, and on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm, and at other times when the theatre is open.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens