Wisbech beauty salon teams up with hospice
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH hair and beauty salon joined forces with the charity shop across the road on Friday to collect gifts for terminally ill people.
Top to Toe, of Hill Street, Wisbech, held a collection in aid of the Norfolk Hospice, which provides palliative care to people with cancer and other life limiting illnesses.
The salon’s workers collected all sorts of gifts, from clothes and shoes to board games.
Jane Brown, hospice shop manager, said: “We are the only charity in Wisbech that doesn’t put bags through peoples doors so we instead go around companies to ask if they will help us out, and Top To Toe were kind enough to say yes.
“We gave them a pack, they picked a day and we got a very good response. They are smashing people.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to collect on behalf of the Norfolk Hospice call 01945 466527
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire