Wisbech Boxing Club takes up the rent free offer by property firm for Pinnacle House in Nene Parade
- Credit: Archant
A massive warehouse is to become the rent free home for the next 10 years to Wisbech Boxing Club thanks to the generosity of a property company.
Snowmountain Enterprises found their new tenant after a web appeal earlier this week by the Wisbech Standard.
The March based company said they were paying £1,900 business rates on the 13,000 square ft Pinnacle House in Nene Parade and were left with few options.
Director John Skoulding said his company has owned the building for 20 years and had been extensively marketed for commercial use but had found no takers.
He was delighted a local group had taken up the offer of using the building rent free: his only alternative might have been to pull it demolish it.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be such a shame to pull it down,” he said. “It is a fantastic building. It is huge and would provide an amazing opportunity for the right organisation.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire