Wisbech Boxing Day cricket match cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s Boxing Day cricket match has been cancelled due to a waterlogged outfield.
The club had planned a festive match at Harecroft Road with sausage rolls and mulled wine to coincide with the start of England’s fourth test against Australia in Melbourne.
Club chairman Bob Burgess said: “The ground is waterlogged and the forecast is for more rain to come so I have made the call to cancel the Boxing Day cricket.
“Wet and warm weather is the worst combination possible.
“Had it been frozen or just dry we would have gone for it.
You may also want to watch:
“I needed to make the call today so those that had committed could make other plans for Boxing Day.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash