Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club meeting welcomes two new members
- Credit: Archant
Martin Eggett, chairman of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club, welcomed 45 members and guests to the July meeting held at Mendi’s.
Two new members - Steve Ross, company director for The Fixing and Plastics Centre Ltd and Christopher Hawkins, health and safety manager for Fenland Fire Appliance Ltd, were inducted to the meeting.
There will be two further new members inducted at the August meeting which will bring the total club membership to 60 members.
The go karting day held on Sunday July 9 was won by Terry Roughton. A few places remain for the boat trip in August and the annual golf day in
September is fully booked.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the Grand Ball in October are now on sale. The guest speaker for the evening was Duncan McKenzie who played football for Notts Forest, Leeds, Everton, Chelsea and Blackburn. He told members funny stories of his career especially when working with Brian Clough.
The next meeting is on Wednesday August 9 when guests and ladies are invited for an evening of horse racing on film.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March