Wisbech care home Glennfield Care Centre staging its own prom season
- Credit: Archant
Patriotic fever is running wild at a care home which is in the middle of its very own two month prom season.
Glennfield Care Centre, in Wisbech, kicked off its prom season earlier this month with brass band March Brass 2000.
Wisbech Grammar School musicians, accompanied by a folk band and some soloists, also swung by to perform and chat to the residents.
Future concerts include the home’s own version of Proms in the Park, involving the Clarkson Singers, which will be held in the back garden on July 12, the same day as the home’s Summer Fair.
The fair will raise funds for the Residents Comfort Fund, which provides money for trips and additional entertainment as well as the home’s new sensory and reminiscence garden.
You may also want to watch:
On August 4 there will be a concert by banjo player Sean Moyses commemorating the start of the First World War, where residents and staff will dress up in costumes from the period and have afternoon tea.
Finally, everyone will put on their finest outfits for a DVD version of The Last Night of the Proms, which is sure to be a rousing celebration.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
The home is looking for a small boat to put on its seaside garden. If you can help call Amanda on 01945 581141