Church says a 'special thank you' at flower festival
- Credit: Ian Carter
Trinity Methodist Church in Wisbech held a 'special' flower festival over the weekend (Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th July) with a simple ‘thank you’ as the main message.
Following what has been a difficult time with the Covid-19 pandemic, and National Thank You Day yesterday (Sunday 4), the church chose the 'thank you' theme to run throughout its flower festival.
The towns' annual Rose Fair event was cancelled this year, so (Revnd.) Adam Stevenson, at Trinity Methodist Church believed it gave the church an opportunity to offer its thanks to the wider community.
"We have had an excellent weekend welcoming people.
"On Sunday we had a fantastic roast lunch together, it's really lifted our spirits to be open to the community like this again," Adam said.
Flower arrangements gave thanks to scientists, Covid-19 vaccines, teachers, music, arts and crafts and for family and friends.
The church dedicated its main thank-you, to NHS workers, thanking them for their hard work over the last 18 months.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
(Revnd.) Stevenson said: "We thanked God for everyone who has helped each other in so many ways."