Wisbech club supports a brain injury group thanks to fund raising events
- Credit: Archant
A club for women that gives them a chance to give something back to the community met with people from a head injury support group to present them with money raised at charity events.
Wisbech Ladies Circle met clients from King’s Lynn Headway.
Grace Humphrey, Circle chairman, said: “I chose Headway as it has supported my sister since her life changing virus of the brain leaving her with uncontrolled epilepsy.
“Headway has given her independence and the opportunity to socialise with others who have had life changing illnesses or accidents.
“I felt this was my opportunity to give something back. Since August with the help and support of the other members we have organised a charity car boot sale and a very successful race night.
You may also want to watch:
“In total we raised a fantastic £1,303.50, which we had the pleasure of presenting to the headway clients.
“This year we have a number of events planned, a psychic night later this month, a barn dance in July and a ball in November to celebrate our first birthday.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The club is for women aged 18 to 45 and is part of a network of groups across Great Britain and Ireland.
It offers an opportunity for women to connect with each other, have a great time, and give something back and is the ladies version of Round Table.
The Wisbech group only re-opened in August last year, officially chartering in November.
They meet every fortnight on a Thursday evening enjoying nights out, meals, bowling, comedy nights and many more.
Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury.
Through its network of more than 125 groups and branches across the UK, it provides support, services and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers, as well as to professionals in the health and legal fields.
Grace said: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank the local companies who have supported our events to date, JS Holmes, Fancy Fayre, Now for Repairs, Kim Humphrey Utility Warehouse, The Retreat Hair Salon, Wilry Group, Smeeth Saddlery, D Gordon Electrical Contractors, Grimsdale Cafe, Peter Humphrey Associates Ltd, Norfolk Quality Plants, M&J Electrical, Jasmine Nursery and Captain Castles Entertainment.”
• Wisbech Ladies Circle is looking for new members who would love your support future events email email@example.com.