Wisbech coach nets a great chance to encourage more girls to get into tennis
- Credit: Archant
The head coach at a Wisbech tennis academy was inspired to help young girls get a taste of tennis when she met the mother of British tennis champ Andy Murray.
Lisa Kennedy, head coach at LK Tennis Academy, met Judy Murray at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
Lisa attended a “Miss Hits” training course which is an initiative started by Judy to encourage more girls to try tennis.
Lisa said: “The course was great fun, and has given me some fantastic ideas”.
The LK Tennis Academy, with the support of Cambridgeshire LTA, is running a five week course at a reduced fee.
You may also want to watch:
The course is a introduction to tennis for girls aged five to eight years, starting Saturday April 16 at 9am, indoors at the Thomas Clarkson Academy. Booking can be made by contacting Lisa, mobile 07788857502, or email info@LKtennisacademy.com.
Easter Camps are also running over the holidays, Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 April 10am to 1pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend