Wisbech art and design students work on show
- Credit: Archant
Art and design students from the College of West Anglia’s (CWA) Wisbech campus received awards for their work at the opening their exhibition.
Students joined their families, friends and staff members to celebrate their achievements throughout the academic year with an awards ceremony.
The awards ceremony, which was hosted by Jannette Cook, programme manager of creative arts for Wisbech, saw seven winners crowned in a range of categories from photography student of the year to awards for personal achievement.
Manuel Carvalho was announced as overall student of the year on the night. He was selected by the judges and won a prize of £200 donated by The Elizabeth Wright Charity.
After the awards ceremony there was a private viewing to mark the creative flow art and design exhibition at the ArtSpace at the campus, which showcased the CWA students' work from this year.
The exhibition ran from June 19 to 21 and members of the public were able to view sculpture, photography, painting and fashion.
Briony Richmond, winner of the art specialism award, created a sculpture of a three-headed dog, while photography student Viktorija Kunceviciute, who won the photography specialism award, showcased some of her landscape photography.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
The full list of the night's award-winners:
- Photography specialism: Viktorija Kuncevieute
- Graphics specialism: Megan Martin
- Art specialism: Briony Richmond
- Fashion and textiles specialism: Hattie Britton
- Year 1 achievement for art and design level three, Fashion, Graphics, Art and Photography: Emma Carter
- Year 2 achievement for art and design level three, Fashion, Graphics, Art and Photography: Phoebe Vickers
- Overall winner: Manuel Carvalho