Wisbech construction company makes donation to hospice
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH based construction company has donated £200 to a hospice.
Kier Construction, based at South Brink, made the contribution to Sue Ryder, which provides specialist care and support to terminally ill people.
Fundraiser Alison Toomey accepted the donation on behalf of the charity which has a shop on Market Place in Wisbech.
She said: “We are extremely grateful to Kier for this wonderful gift.
“This year marks the 60th anniversary of the Sue Ryder charity and we have only been able to continue to provide incredible care for so many years because of the wonderful support we have from local people and businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“This money will make a huge difference to the people we care for in the area and we very much appreciate Kier’s fantastic support.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas