Wisbech death crash driver Michael Moore jailed for another 15 months for burglary
A DRIVER who was jailed for knocking down and killing a student on a pelican crossing in Wisbech has been sentenced to a further 15 months for burglary.
Michael Moore, of Murrow Lane, Parson Drove, was on bail for causing death by dangerous driving when he raided a supermarket in West Norfolk.
The 40-year-old was sentenced to 15 months after pleading guilty to burglary at Norwich Crown Court.
That sentence will run consecutive to the 43 months jail he was given in April for causing death by dangerous driving.
Moore was doing 58mph in a 30mph zone and had run a red light when he hit Jamie Butcher on Churchill Road, Wisbech, in February last year.
You may also want to watch:
His Chrysler PT Cruiser hit the 22-year-old with such force that his body was found 44 metres from the crossing.
Cambridge Crown Court heard in April that Moore was a “persistent burglar” and had a string of previous convictions. He had committed three previous speeding offences.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Moore admitted causing death by dangerous driving - changing his plea to guilty a week before he was due to go on trial.