Wisbech did itself proud for Rose Fair - we can’t wait to return for next year’s event
- Credit: Archant
MY wife and I have travelled the length and breadth of Europe and have rarely had such an enjoyable day as we did on Saturday in Wisbech at the Rose Fair.
You did yourselves proud.
St Peter and St Paul’s Church was beautifully decorated which was further enhanced by the music selection from the organist.
The fair’s stalls were interesting and full of bargains while the imagination and time dedicated to the decoration of the floats reflected a real sense of community.
It was lovely to see so many children taking part. The vehicle owners and other business personnel who made all of this possible deserve heartfelt thanks for their generosity.
You may also want to watch:
The town itself was a visual feast, with the lovely floral displays everywhere. The council is to be congratulated.
We’re already looking forward to next year, when we plan to make a longer day of it to appreciate everything at greater leisure.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
JIMMY AND SHERYL GREEN