Wisbech did itself proud for Rose Fair - we can’t wait to return for next year’s event
- Credit: Archant
MY wife and I have travelled the length and breadth of Europe and have rarely had such an enjoyable day as we did on Saturday in Wisbech at the Rose Fair.
You did yourselves proud.
St Peter and St Paul’s Church was beautifully decorated which was further enhanced by the music selection from the organist.
The fair’s stalls were interesting and full of bargains while the imagination and time dedicated to the decoration of the floats reflected a real sense of community.
It was lovely to see so many children taking part. The vehicle owners and other business personnel who made all of this possible deserve heartfelt thanks for their generosity.
The town itself was a visual feast, with the lovely floral displays everywhere. The council is to be congratulated.
We’re already looking forward to next year, when we plan to make a longer day of it to appreciate everything at greater leisure.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 7 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 8 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
JIMMY AND SHERYL GREEN