Wisbech drink driver was more than three times the legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was three and a half times the legal limit was arrested on suspicion of drink driving at the weekend.
Deven Thompson, of Elm High Road, Wisbech, gave a breath test of 122mgs – whereas the legal limit in England is 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath.
At about 8.15pm on Saturday (March 23) officers spoke to a woman in Elm High Road, Wisbech, who had stopped her vehicle.
The 25-year-old was arrested and later charged with drink driving. She will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on April 17.
Also over the weekend, Fenland Neighbourhood officers arrested a man who was wanted on warrant and found to be in possession of a small quantity of the controlled drug amphetamine.
You may also want to watch:
The officers also carried out foot patrols of Wisbech town centre, visited vulnerable members of the community and conducted speed enforcement in the local area.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire