Wisbech duo to cycle 125 miles and scale mountain in aid of Trinity Methodist Pre-School
- Credit: Archant
Two parents are doing gruelling charity challenges on the same day to raise funds for a pre-school.
On July 27, Nestle Purina worker Scott Summers, of Wisbech, will take part in the second annual Circuit of the Fens, a 125 mile cycle race around Fenland.
While he is pedalling furiously, family friend Sam Rose, of Wisbech, will be scaling Ben Nevis.
The pair hope to raise funds to pay for new toys and books for Trinity Methodist Pre-School in Wisbech, where Scott’s son Archie and Sam’s daughter Maisie are pupils.
Scott’s wife Kim Summers said: “After a bad sporting injury, Scott has had an ACL reconstruction and eight operations so it will be quite a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“The money he and Sam raises will go on buying equipment for the school.”
Sponsorship forms are available from Trinity Methodist Pre-School, which is open from 9am - noon Mondays to Fridays. For more information about the pre-school go to www.trinitymethodistpreschool.com or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award