Wisbech family raises money for new bedding at King’s Lynn hospital
A family that had to take pillows for their daughter when she spent a month in hospital at King’s Lynn have raised money for the ward to buy new bedding.
The Briers family held a mediumship night at Wisbech spiritualist church to buy new pillows on Pentney Ward at the Queen Elizabeth hospital.
Nineteen year old Louise spent a month on the ward when a throat infection spiralled out of control and the infection spread through her body to a muscle in her buttock leaving her in agony and unable to walk.
The very rare disorder took a month to get under control and during that time Louise, a carer, had to learn to walk again.
Her mother Julie, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Wisbech, said: “They didn’t have any pillows for her so we took some over and said we would do something to raise money to help get pillows on the ward for other patients in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m a member of the Wisbech Christian Spiritualist church so we held a mediumship night that raised £350.”
The money was recently presented to Pentney Ward nursing staff as a thankyou for the care given during Louise’s illness.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody