Wisbech father-to-be caught driving while twice the legal limit
FATHER-TO-BE Darius Putys had been celebrating news that he was to have a son before he was caught driving while more than twice the legal limit.
Putys, 21, was driving two of his friends when he was stopped by officers near Wisbech town centre on December 13.
Tests revealed 71mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath, Andrea Fawcett, prosecuting, told Wisbech magistrates.
Representing himself, Putys, of Payne Avenue, Wisbech, told the court: “I was a stupid idiot to do what I did. I’m really sorry.
“We had been celebrating as I knew my girlfriend was pregnant and that it was going to be a boy.”
You may also want to watch:
Putys admitted one charge of driving while over the alcohol limit. He was fined �330 and disqualified from driving for 20 months - although that may be reduced to 15 months if he successfully completes a driving safety course.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'