Wisbech father-to-be caught driving while twice the legal limit
FATHER-TO-BE Darius Putys had been celebrating news that he was to have a son before he was caught driving while more than twice the legal limit.
Putys, 21, was driving two of his friends when he was stopped by officers near Wisbech town centre on December 13.
Tests revealed 71mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath, Andrea Fawcett, prosecuting, told Wisbech magistrates.
Representing himself, Putys, of Payne Avenue, Wisbech, told the court: “I was a stupid idiot to do what I did. I’m really sorry.
“We had been celebrating as I knew my girlfriend was pregnant and that it was going to be a boy.”
You may also want to watch:
Putys admitted one charge of driving while over the alcohol limit. He was fined �330 and disqualified from driving for 20 months - although that may be reduced to 15 months if he successfully completes a driving safety course.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 7 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council