Wisbech fire crew called to tackle blaze on A47 which had been started deliberately
- Credit: Archant
FIRE fighters tackled a blaze in a lay by on the A47 last night after a pile of rubbish was deliberately set alight.
A fire crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze on the A47 Wisbech Bypass.
A fire service spokesman said the crew arrived at 11pm and took less than 30 minutes to deal with it.
“A large amount of rubbish was on fire in a lay-by,” said the spokesman.
“They used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their stations by 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.”
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache