Glamping firm shows support for MP's Read to Succeed campaign
- Credit: Steve Barclay MP
Steve Barclay has received a generous donation in his bid to get more children reading.
The MP for North East Cambridgeshire’s Read to Succeed campaign received £250 from Wisbech glamping firm ‘Glamping with Llamas’, run by Tina Gambell.
Tina said: “I am passionate about children getting the best from their younger years as a strong head-start to a life of learning.”
Last month, Mr Barclay received £3,000 towards his campaign, which aims to buy a reading book for every Year 4 schoolchild in the constituency.
Mr Barclay said: So many have been so kind that I’m confident we will have raised enough money to buy a new reading book for every Year 4 child to take home for the summer holidays.
“Every year, we get amazing support and with the disruption to schools over the last year, this year’s campaign has captured the imagination.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s theme is Wild World Heroes and hopes to encourage children to stand up for the future of our planet.
Anyone wanting to support the campaign are asked to email: email@example.com.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'