Wisbech Grammar School food students join in with new Channel 4 show Drop Down Menu
FOOD students at Wisbech Grammar School have helped to turn up the heat on top chefs in a new Channel 4 television show.
Four A-level students travelled to London with Alison Sloan, head of food and nutrition, to join in with the live lunchtime programme ‘Drop Down Menu’.
The show, filmed at Cactus TV Studios, allows the audience to vote for the dishes that the celebrity chefs have to prepare.
Students watched as presenter Matt Tebbutt put culinary experts such as Jason Atherton through their paces in the kitchen.
The teenagers then visited the Goring Hotel, which played host to the Middleton family during the royal wedding, where they got the opportunity to grill executive chef Derek Quelch. Mr Quelch has invited them to return in February.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by a tour of Borough Market, where they sampled Vietnamese and Thai chicken and enjoyed some cheese tasting at Neal’s Yard Dairy.
Mrs Sloan said: “The whole day revolved around food, seeing how the programme was made and then tasting lots of different dishes from all over the world.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder