Wisbech Grammar School ‘goes from strength to strength’ with excellent GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
One third of Wisbech Grammar School students secured A*-A grades in their GCSEs in at least five subjects, with seven pupils obtaining A*-A grades in nine or more subjects.
Thirty-six per cent of the grades achieved were A*- A, and 88 per cent were A*-C. In total, 95 per cent of students achieved five A*-C grades including maths and English.
There were some outstanding individual performances including Elliot Young, 16, of King’s Lynn, who notched up 9 A*s, and Kimberley Calleja, 15, of Wisbech, who achieved 6 A*s and 4 A grades.
Headmaster, Chris Staley, said: “I am delighted by our pupils’ results this year. They have put in a great deal of hard work, and it is clear that they are very pleased with their achievements.
“These high grades reflect their effort as well as the support and commitment of teaching staff and parents.
You may also want to watch:
“I am proud to say that Wisbech Grammar School continues to go from strength to strength.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder