Wisbech Grammar School ‘goes from strength to strength’ with excellent GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
One third of Wisbech Grammar School students secured A*-A grades in their GCSEs in at least five subjects, with seven pupils obtaining A*-A grades in nine or more subjects.
Thirty-six per cent of the grades achieved were A*- A, and 88 per cent were A*-C. In total, 95 per cent of students achieved five A*-C grades including maths and English.
There were some outstanding individual performances including Elliot Young, 16, of King’s Lynn, who notched up 9 A*s, and Kimberley Calleja, 15, of Wisbech, who achieved 6 A*s and 4 A grades.
Headmaster, Chris Staley, said: “I am delighted by our pupils’ results this year. They have put in a great deal of hard work, and it is clear that they are very pleased with their achievements.
“These high grades reflect their effort as well as the support and commitment of teaching staff and parents.
“I am proud to say that Wisbech Grammar School continues to go from strength to strength.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues