Wisbech Grammar School marking Halloween with torchlight tour and grim feast
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland school is going all out for Halloween next Friday.
Wisbech Grammar School is putting on a torchlight tour of the darker sides of the historic school, taking in basements and winding staircases.
Students in creepy costumes will provide ghostly thrills and a grim feast will be served with not so delectable dishes ranging from beetroot soup, apple cakes and pumpkin cakes to dead man’s fingers hot dogs and blood red punch.
The event, which is now in its third year, is organized by Taste Real Food Fenland, who promote local food and producers.
Alison Sloan, head of food and nutrition at the school, said: “You never know what is going to happen or where a ghoul or ghost might come from next.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £2.50 for children and £5 for adults. Family tickets for two adults and three children priced at £12.
They can be ordered from Mrs Sloan on 07778-324250. Early booking is essential.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas