Wisbech Grammar School pupils achieve top-class set of A-level exam results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Wisbech Grammar School have today been celebrating an outstanding set of A-level exam results.
The School’s upper sixth formers achieved a 100 per cent pass rate, with more than a third of pupils gaining the top grades A*-A and more than 90 per cent of passes being A*-C grades, an improvement on last year.
Andy Turner has won a place at Cambridge after achieving A* grades in all four of his subjects. He will now study natural sciences at Sidney Sussex College.
Other notable performances were those of Ian Gitonga and Claire Billingham. Ian achieved three A* grades and one A grade and will be studying physics at Warwick University, while Claire achieved one A* and three A grades and will study veterinary science at Glasgow University.
Headmaster Chris Staley, said: “I am really very proud of the pupils today with so many achieving the grades they required to go onto university.
You may also want to watch:
“With over 90 per cent of pupils being accepted by their first choice university, a huge ‘well done’ goes to all the pupils for their hard work over the last year.
“Lastly I would also like to thank the staff whose dedication, outstanding teaching and support has ensured this year group have achieved their goals.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March