Wisbech Grammar School pupils cook up cupcakes, do dance routines and build rockets for house competition
- Credit: Archant
Sweet-toothed students took a break from their normal lessons to cook up hundreds of cupcakes.
In the annual Wisbech Grammar School house event, members of the school’s four houses rustled up 384 cakes.
Three members of staff spent the day bravely testing every batch.
During a day of competitions, pupils also came up with dance routines, solved problems in a bid to track down golden tickets hidden in the school’s grounds and built rockets.
The overall winners of the competition were members of Sparks house, who scored 2,300 points out of a possible 3,200, just ahead of Clarkson on 2,228. The best smaller group was Vermuyden, with 326 out of 400 points.
You may also want to watch:
Head of houses Tim Chapman said: “The house event was an ideal way to end the term, with a combination of good fun, team-building and education.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire