Wisbech guides are set to celebrate their 100th birthday next month and are looking for former members
- Credit: Archant
The 3rd Wisbech Guide Unit is set to celebrate it’s 100th birthday next month and is looking for former members to help celebrate the milestone.
The Unit was first set up on July 25 1917 and meetings even continued throughout the First and Second World War.
Over the years the girls have enjoyed trips to ‘Our Chalet’ in Switzerland, one of the World Guide Centres, which have enabled the girls to gain a wider understanding of Girlguiding beyond the UK.
The Unit would love to hear from any former Guides or people involved in the Unit who would either like to attend the centenary celebratory tea or share their memories of their time involved in the Unit.
Invitations have been sent out over the past few weeks to some individuals but records do not allow all those involved to be contacted directly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions