Wisbech has fun and celebrates St George’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech celebrated St George’s Day with a host of activities on the town’s Market Place on Saturday.
There was free face painting, fair rides, children’s entertainment that included a Punch and Judy show, as well as stalls selling food alongside the regular market.
There was also live music at the event organised by Wisbech Town Council.
The Fenland Branch of the Royal St George Society met at the Globe with mayor and mayoress David and Judy Hodgson for breakfast before moving on to judging the best window display.
The winner was Salvation Army shop with the Sue Ryder shop chosen as runner up.
You may also want to watch:
During the afternoon members and friends enjoyed a St George functions at The Ex Servicemen’s Club with Roy McManus and his team supplying the entertainment
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told