Wisbech horticultural worker’s Portuguese Water Dog wins Crufts Best of Breed award
- Credit: onEdition
A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD Portuguese Water Dog, owned by a Wisbech horticultural nursery worker, proved every dog does have its day after walking away with a top prize at Crufts.
Indy was one of more than 25,000 dogs at Birmingham’s NEC for Crufts and claimed the prestigious Best of Breed award.
Owner Shaun Dring, from Wisbech, fought off competition from a number of other dogs to scoop the coveted prize.
Mr Dring, 45, was left beaming with pride at his and Indy’s performance.
“It is my first Best of Breed winner with Indy so I am very pleased, it really is a fantastic feeling to win,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been coming to Crufts since I was 14 years old and it is just the best dog show in the world, the atmosphere is always fantastic.
“This is the one dog show you want to win each year and I am very proud of Indy for how well he did, it is amazing to come here and win.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k