Wisbech In Bloom volunteers meet to mark completion of Nene Quay landscaping scheme
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech in Bloom volunteers gathered at Nene Quay on Friday to celebrate the completion of a landscaping scheme.
The work was carried out by Cambridgeshire County Council as part of the flood protection improvements at Freedom Bridge, Wisbech.
New paving and turf has been laid, old containers and shrubs removed, new basket brackets provided and trees that had to be removed due to the raising of the embankment replaced.
Brian Massingham, chairman of Wisbech in Bloom, thanked Adam Cobb, project manager for Cambridgeshire County Council, and Duane Smith, of their main contractor Skanska, for their cooperation throughout the project.
Wisbech in Bloom volunteers will show both Anglia in Bloom and Britain in Bloom judges the scheme later this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Quay Gardens has already received an RHS Neighbourhood Award for the quality of the design and planting of the sleeper beds.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle