Two WisWin banners stolen from Wisbech town bridge
- Credit: Peter Freeman
Campaign banners, linked to objection of an incinerator in Wisbech, have been stolen from the town’s bridge.
In the last five days, two WisWin banners have ‘mysteriously’ been stolen while other posters and banners remain untouched.
WisWin is a campaign group that is against an incinerator being built in Wisbech.
Peter Freeman, a local campaigner, has expressed how he feels towards the matter.
“I believe WisWin is being targeted.
“The poster Steve Barclay and the Wisbech Town Mayor put up, and the now redundant Rockfest banners are all still up.
“Why would someone target a group that is doing so much to fight this incinerator.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
"Just beggar's belief.
“All we can ask is whoever is doing this through personal or any other motive, please stop.”
A number of people on social media are already speculating towards where the stolen banners may have ended up.