Two WisWin banners stolen from Wisbech town bridge
- Credit: Peter Freeman
Campaign banners, linked to objection of an incinerator in Wisbech, have been stolen from the town’s bridge.
In the last five days, two WisWin banners have ‘mysteriously’ been stolen while other posters and banners remain untouched.
WisWin is a campaign group that is against an incinerator being built in Wisbech.
Peter Freeman, a local campaigner, has expressed how he feels towards the matter.
“I believe WisWin is being targeted.
“The poster Steve Barclay and the Wisbech Town Mayor put up, and the now redundant Rockfest banners are all still up.
“Why would someone target a group that is doing so much to fight this incinerator.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
"Just beggar's belief.
“All we can ask is whoever is doing this through personal or any other motive, please stop.”
A number of people on social media are already speculating towards where the stolen banners may have ended up.