Two WisWin banners stolen from Wisbech town bridge
- Credit: Peter Freeman
Campaign banners, linked to objection of an incinerator in Wisbech, have been stolen from the town’s bridge.
In the last five days, two WisWin banners have ‘mysteriously’ been stolen while other posters and banners remain untouched.
WisWin is a campaign group that is against an incinerator being built in Wisbech.
Peter Freeman, a local campaigner, has expressed how he feels towards the matter.
“I believe WisWin is being targeted.
You may also want to watch:
“The poster Steve Barclay and the Wisbech Town Mayor put up, and the now redundant Rockfest banners are all still up.
“Why would someone target a group that is doing so much to fight this incinerator.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
"Just beggar's belief.
“All we can ask is whoever is doing this through personal or any other motive, please stop.”
A number of people on social media are already speculating towards where the stolen banners may have ended up.