Wisbech is famous for many things - and high on the list is its beer as Elgood’s sweep the board at regional awards
- Credit: Archant
Elgood’s Brewery swept the board at an eastern region beer competition winning seven medals including two golds.
The Wisbech firm stood out at the SIBA East Beer Competition including overall winner for its cherry wheat beer.
Elgood’s Belgian style cherry wheat beer was awarded the gold medal in the speciality beers small pack category and went on to be nominated the overall winner of the bottled beer section of the competition.
Belinda Sutton, Managing Director of Elgood’s Brewery said: “Both our Quintessentially English and Sour range of bottled beers are recent introductions, so to be awarded the Gold and Silver in the speciality beer class is praise indeed.
“It’s great to see that our recent innovations are being recognised and rewarded by the industry and reflect the great response we have had from the general public.”
You may also want to watch:
Its Lambic-style coolship fruit was awarded the Silver medal in the same category placing the brewery first and second in the speciality Beer class.
Its Black Dog mild, was awarded the Bronze medal in both the cask and bottled beer groups,
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The beers were nominated by forty-five judges and selected from over two-hundred and forty-eight cask ales and bottled beers entered into the competition.
Elgood’s Cherry Wheat Beer, which has been blended with cherry and raspberry, will now go through to the SIBA National Beer Competition in March 2016.