Wisbech is sparkling for Christmas with the official lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Families enjoyed a fun-packed evening in Wisbech when the town held its popular Christmas lights switch on event.
Kicking off in the afternoon was Simon Rowe from KLFM with a radio welcome followed by The Hot Shots performing their music live with some festive favourites.
Next up was the Clarkson singers who entertained with a range of traditional carols and seasonal songs.
The crew from 9 Lives Theatre Company performed White Christmas followed by youngsters from Katy Lilley school of dance with a Christmas extravaganza.
The Angles Theatre pantomime performed panto favourite Aladdin then the Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Garry Tibbs performed the official grand switch on.
You may also want to watch:
A vintage style songbird took to the stage to entertain with 1950’s style sounds - Lula May, who has appeared on BBC’s Land Girls.
Next up was a popular choice for the younger audience with a Disney musical medley thanks to Ariel, Belle, Aladdin and Rapunzel.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
A chance to win prizes followed with Lula May singing out the crowd at tea time.