Wisbech Jobcentre set for major upgrade with high-tech equipment
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Jobcentre is set to undergo a digital revolution with signing-on books a thing of the past.
High-tech equipment, including specially-designed computers that bring all Jobcentre services into one device, will be installed at the branch.
Electronic signing pads will replace paper booklets that jobseekers carry around and sign every time they visit.
Jobseekers will also be able to use the computers at Jobcentres to keep on top on their claims, calculate benefits and update their CVs.
Coaches will be on hand to help jobseekers get the most out of the new technology.
You may also want to watch:
Free Wifi will be on offer and people will be free to hunt for jobs on their own electronic devices.
Minister for Employment, Esther McVey, said: “Every day, Jobcentres across the country are helping people into work, contributing to record falls in unemployment.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
“But as the economy grows and the jobs market changes, so are Jobcentres.
“Long gone are the Full Monty days of job cards in the windows and queuing for your dole.
“We’re seeing record employment levels – and with this digital revolution, the Government is doing even more to help people into work.”