Wisbech Macmillan fundraising group have best year yet
- Credit: Archant
The local Macmillan fundraising group in Wisbech raised an amazing £40,000 in 2015.
The group which is made up of Wisbech Fundraising Group and Macmillan FC have had their best year yet. The amount raised will make a huge difference to the Macmillan services in the local area.
The money raised by the group will help fund Macmillan grants for local people affected by cancer in Wisbech. Macmillan provides grants to people affected by cancer who are struggling financially to help with costs arising from their treatment.
In 2015, because of the great fundraising of the group Macmillan were able to provide 28 people in Wisbech with a grant averaging £365.
These grants help with things such heating, clothing and travel costs.
You may also want to watch:
People affected by cancer who are struggling with these costs are encouraged to get in touch with the charity to see what help may be available, through the support line or by visiting a Macmillan information and support centre at Peterborough City Hospital or Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
The money raised by the Wisbech fundraising group will also help fund the Macmillan services that are based out of Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
This includes the Macmillan Palliative Care consultant nurse who provides advice and support with pain and symptom management for people with palliative care needs through to end of life care.
They support the person with cancer, their family, and the nurses and doctors who are looking after them.
Jessica Levin, regional fundraising manager, said: “We cannot thank the Wisbech Fundraising Group and Macmillan FC enough for their hard work and dedication to fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“Their support allows us to be there for people affected by cancer in the local community.”
To find out whether you are eligible for a Macmillan grant, or for more information, call the Macmillan Support Line free on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm).