Wisbech man arrested in relation to 21 motor vehicle thefts in five days in Whittlesey and Eastrea
- Credit: Archant
A 37-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested in relation to 21 thefts in five days from motor vehicles in Whittlesey and Eastrea.
The arrest comes after police warned people last week to ‘keep cars and vans locked at all times and valuables in a secure place’.
The offences occurred overnight and the majority of vehicles were insecure, said police.
The vehicles were being searched with electrical and personal items taken.
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We would like to speak to anyone who may have seen a white male, approximately 5’ 7” running from Kelful Close, Eastrea at about 2.30am on Monday (18).
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure members of the public that patrols have been increased in the area but urge people to keep their cars and vans locked at all times and valuables not just out of sight but in a secure place.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour