Wisbech man arrested in relation to 21 motor vehicle thefts in five days in Whittlesey and Eastrea
- Credit: Archant
A 37-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested in relation to 21 thefts in five days from motor vehicles in Whittlesey and Eastrea.
The arrest comes after police warned people last week to ‘keep cars and vans locked at all times and valuables in a secure place’.
The offences occurred overnight and the majority of vehicles were insecure, said police.
The vehicles were being searched with electrical and personal items taken.
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We would like to speak to anyone who may have seen a white male, approximately 5’ 7” running from Kelful Close, Eastrea at about 2.30am on Monday (18).
“We would like to reassure members of the public that patrols have been increased in the area but urge people to keep their cars and vans locked at all times and valuables not just out of sight but in a secure place.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body